My Blog

My Blog

LOVE!

LOVE!

November 25, 2017

KAPPY KING AND THE PUPPY KAPER

  • Number: B06XZQTCQH
  • Release: December 26, 2017
  • Author: Amy Lillard
  • Availability: E-Book
  • Genre: Suspense
  • Tags: * Susp: Mystery, * Susp: Cozy Mystery, Amish, #FirstInaSeries
  • Publisher: Zebra Books
Kappy King and the Puppy Kaper

KAPPY KING AND THE PUPPY KAPER
by
Amy Lilliard

 Content to be unmarried and plain-spoken, Kathryn “Kappy” King is an odd-woman-out in the Amish community of Blue Sky, Pennsylvania. But she’s skilled at making the special kapps local women need to cover their hair. And she might be the only one who can unearth the danger hiding in this peaceful valley . . . When Kappy's neighbor, Ruth Peachey, turns up dead in her yard, everyone in Blue Sky believes it’s a tragic accident. Until the Englisch police find the gentle dog breeder was deliberately struck down—and arrest her mentally-challenged son, Jimmy, for the crime . . . Jimmy’s sister, Edie, returns to Blue Sky clear his name, yet no one will speak to a shunned former Amish woman, much less give her information. Determined to help, Kappy starts digging for the truth among her seemingly-innocent neighbors. But suddenly a series of suspicious “accidents” threatens Edie and the Peachey farm—property Edie is determined to protect for her brother’s future. Now, as danger looms large in the small community, Kappy must bait a trap for a killer snapping hard at her heels. And Edie must decide whether to make a home once more in the town she thought she’d left behind . . . (from Night Owl Reviews)

I'm a wife, mother, and bona fide Southern belle. Published author, expert corn bread maker, and Squirrel Princess.

I live in Tulsa, though I was born in Mississippi. I moved to the Sooner State when I was seventeen and met my soul mate and best friend not long after. I've retained a little of my Mississippi accent though most people think I'm from Texas. (?) Rob and I have been married for over twenty years and have a son--a mom proclaimed prodigy, of course!

I love homemade tacos, nail polish, and romance novels--not necessarily in that order. I'm a big fan of country music, a staunch proponent of saving the Oxford comma, and I'm shamefully obsessed with all things Harry Potter.

I believe that God is love. I guess that's why I adore romances.

I have always been intrigued with the Amish culture, their gentle ways and slower-paced lifestyle. (And I love, love, love the fact that they stay married for their lifetime.) But until recently I never thought to blend this interest with my penchant for romance. Okay, okay, I'm a bit old-fashioned and even enjoy the gender roles that are present in this culture. I love to cook and take care of my family. Yes, that's me June Cleaver with a laptop.

I dislike people trying to convince me to read the Twlight series (I'll get to it or I won't, either way I'm good with it), gratuitous violence, and strawberry ice cream. (I know I'm alone on this last one, and again, I'm good with it.)

Favorite movies--(besides HP) French Kiss, Maid of Honor, A Lot Like Love, Just Married, and Sweet Home Alabama. Oh, and Miss Congeniality, Sabrina (both versions) and a 1940's movie called Dear Ruth. If you haven't seen it, you should! A-dorable. Anything with Doris Day and most all of Marilyn's and Audrey's.

 MY THOUGHTS
This is a good Amish cozy mystery.  The author gives the reader a mystery to solve and you as the reader become an arm chair detective to find the culprit.   A death, was it deliberate or accident?  You must decide. 
The author gives us Kappy King, a rather strange woman living in Blue Sky Pennsylvania, an Amish community.  She finds herself in the middle of a mystery.  What caused the death of the woman found in her yard, her neighbor.   The mystery is thought to be solved when Ruth's son is arrested for her murder.   We get to know Edie, Ruth's daughter when she returns from the English world to clear her brother's name.  The author adds the suspense when we have Edie, who is shunned, coming back to her Amish community.   But Kappy won't let Edie's shunning stop her. She is going to help.  Then the author adds more and more danger and the suspense builds as the pages turn.  We, as the investigators go hand in hand with Kappy and Edie to solve the crime and clear Jimmy's name.  I love Amish stories and this cozy mystery will definite make you smile. You also a sense of faith and love.  If you want an escape for a little while, this author definitely will give you an adventure that is will put you on the investigative trail.


I received a copy of this book from Night Owl Reviews and was under no obligation to review it.

I would give this book  5 STARS.

No comments: